Sunday 22 July 2012

Nails Inc Colour Collection 2 - Swatches

Hi again!
Here I am with the promised second installment of yesterdays polish-fest.  I won't go back into where I got them etc, you can read yesterdays post with all the info here if you havent seen it yet: http://www.maspooase.com/2012/07/nails-inc-colour-collection-1-swatches.html

So here's a picture of the second box:
Once again, notice the position of the label, grrr....

Anyway, of course the first thing I did was check if the purple polish was the same as in collection one, and wouldn't you know it, it was! Buckingham Street, so now I have a dupe, maybe that will come in handy one day, I'm pretty sure it isn't the only dupe I have, thats the problem when you buy collections, but never mind.  I won't bore you by reviewing it again, as you can see it in collection one.

So, having learned from my mistakes in the last swatching session, this time I decided to swatch from light to dark, the first one I did was Bedford Square:
Nails-Inc-Bedford-Square-Swatch
First impressions in the bottle was that it was a goldy, mustard coloured superfine glitter with a spatter of dusky pink glitter in it,  It laid down quite sheer and one coat made me think it could be used over other colours quite successfully.  It had a nice quick drying time, this is 2 coats.It reminded me of a sandy beach, and dried to that kind of dusty glittery finish that I really liked.  It's kind of like a 'glitter nude' that's subtle enough to wear to even a conservative office.  In fact after my swatchathon, when I was chilling out later in the day, this is the one I went upstairs to fetch and put back on.  It has to be said, even with a coat of seche on, it was quite badly chipped after 24hrs but I forgive it because I love it so much.  It's one of those 'keep looking at your nails' polishes, well it was for me anyway!

The next one I tried was Park Lane:
Nails-Inc-Park-Lane-Swatch
Yes it is incredibly blingy!  However I didn't like it much.  Its a light purple/lilac semi-fine glitter.  The application was patchy and self deleting, the coverage wasn't great, and this was 2 quite thick coats - perhaps good for layering?  It was just too textured for me, and it got everywhere when I was taking it off.

And last but not least, the darkest of the bunch, North Row:
Nails-Inc-North-Row-Swatch
This was a dark brown fine glitter with a smattering of gold & silver glitter in it.  It was quick drying, again the first coat was quite spread out and made me think of layering.  It was quite difficult to work with, but I still liked it, as it reminded me alot of tortoiseshell, or animal prints for some reason.

So there we go, that's all of them, Bedford Square I really loved, Buckingham Street I already had, Park Lane I didn't like, and North Row I quite liked. 

Am happy I got the collection, it was worth it just for Bedford Square.  I think that I'll get a lot of layering yummyness out of it, and hopefully my reviews will be useful to you!

I also bought a Colour Club collection, I haven't swatched them yet, but as soon as I do, you'll be the first to know!

Have a great week, and until next time...

MASPOOASE X X X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment!