The sun is feeling warm, and it looks like spring is finally here, thank goodness. It's made me feel all happy and full of the joys of spring, and I really wanted my nails to match my mood.
So off I went to YouTube, looking for inspiration. Sure enough, I found a fab tutorial by simplyrins (link) which showed me how to do sunflowers, just what I was looking for! It's been a while since I used my acrylic paints, and I've missed them.
I changed the colour scheme and layout to hers, but I used exactly the same method. Here's what I ended up with, in a spring-y pose:
Buds on the bushes! Hooray!
So here's how I did it. I'd already done my left hand, so this tutorial is 'wrong handed'. Therefore it's safe to say that a beginner could definitely give it a go, as even my weaker hand came out looking pretty good.
1) Base colour. Maybelline Express Finish in Turquoise Lagoon, 2 coats, It did dry super fast too:
2) Use yellow acrylic paint (or nail polish) and a small brush to mark out your first row of petals, using a single stroke per petal. It doesn't matter if they're not perfect, nature's not:
3) Carry on making petals in the same way until you're happy with the look:
4) Do the same on all your fingers, in the layout of your choice. If you're using acrylic paint you can erase any mistakes with a cotton bud/q-tip soaked with water:
5) Use brown acrylic paint (or nail varnish) to fill in the flower centre:
6) Continue with all your nails:
7) Now you could stop there if you like and it would still look good, but for that extra special finishing touch you can make tiny yellow dots, using a small dotter, over the brown to give some dimension and detail to the flower centres:
8) Just add your topcoat, and you're done!
So there we have it, jolly spring nails to be proud of.
I like this design so much I've done both hands, and am going to keep it on, which is a big thumbs up from me. Just right for this time of year.
In case you're wondering, I got my acrylic paints nice and cheap from Amazon (link) 12 colours for £6.81, bargain, and they seem like pretty good quality.
So what do you think, could you give this a go? Make sure you show me if you do!
Until next time...
MASPOOASE x x x