Sunday 27 January 2013

Pretty Jelly - Grape Escape Review

Hi there!

The sun came out :-)

This means it's holo time!  The next one on my to-try list is another polish from the Pretty Jelly Glamorous Thief collection that I bought recently.  I've already reviewed Bullet Rouge from the same collection, and you can see that post HERE

I was in two minds as to whether to swatch any polishes this weekend, as I still have that slash on my cuticle, but as I don't feel like I've seen any sunshine for MONTHS, who knows when my next chance will be?  So I decided to go for it, and cover up the slash with my watermark, YOLO, right?

So here's Grape escape in all its sunshine-y glory:
Pretty_Jelly_Grape_Escape_Swatch

Pretty-Jelly-Grape-Escape-Swatch
Awesome, eh?  It's a lovely mid-toned purple, leaning to the lavender side, and really wearable.  I still haven't managed to catch the real life holo loveliness properly, as it looked much more holo than it appears in these pictures.  Definitely this could be office appropriate though, as in the shade it looks just as pretty but in a less 'disco' way:
Pretty_Jelly_Grape_Escape_Swatch_shade
This photo also shows the finish nicely too.  This is two coats over regular base coat and no top coat.  The formula was lovely to apply, and very forgiving, as I dug the brush into the first coat accidentally when I was applying the second coat.  Other polishes could have made a bald spot clumping argument about that, but this polish said 'hey mistakes happen, let me smooth that out for you', and it did, nice.  It left the brush (which was one of the thin-ish type, not pro-wide or flat) at a nice controllable speed and didn't flood or clump.  Dry time was medium-fast.  I like alot.

As a large swathe of the UK, including us here in Cumbria, have had alot of snow this week, I thought I would carry on the theme with snowy nail art.  Looking through my stamping plates, I was surprised to realise I only have one full nail snowflake plate design, so it wasn't really a hard decision which one to use. Bundle Monster BM-323.  I tried a few different polishes with this plate.  Barry M Indigo worked really well, but it wasn't really the look I was going for. 

The Essie Borrowed and Blue I bought from Amazon was delivered this week.  I have been so disappointed with it.  The colour is really pretty, but the formula is awful!  Plus I thought Essies had wide brushes now, and mine has a thin brush in.  Clumpy, floody, just a bottle of yuk.  So imagine my happy surprise when I discovered it stamps perfectly!

Here's what I came up with:
Pretty_Jelly_Grape_Escape_Nailart
As you can see from the photo, I'd lost the sun, so I took a pic under the kitchen lights so the holo could come out to play:
Pretty-Jelly-Grape-Escape-Nailart
I'm really pleased with how this came out.  It's definitely gone onto my list of 'lets do this one again' manis.

And just because I can, here's a picture of the polish nestling in the snow:
Pretty_Jelly_Grape_Escape
Just one little green shoot sneaking up past the cap, spring is trying to peek its way through!

Pretty Jelly polishes can be bought in the US HERE for $10 each, they are 3-free and cruelty free, so it's all good.

What do you think?  Do you own this one? 

Until next time...

MASPOOASE x x x
~Wendy~

9 comments:

  1. nooo no more snowflakes please, need Spring and flowers lol
    But i like the purple polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha but it was snowy! :) it is beautiful x x x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Inky! I bet you'd love this x x x

      Delete
    2. It's purple & holo...what's not to love? lol

      Delete
  3. love this! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm afraid I don't do follow for follow, it seems a bit like 'buying' a follow, if that makes sense? I'll check out your blog though :)
      x x x

      Delete

Please feel free to comment!