Saturday 2 March 2013

Neon and Nude Nail Art

Hi there!

Hope your weekends going well?  I haven't got much planned, I spent all my polish budget last week, so this weekend I'm on a ban!  Have got tons of swatches to do for you, hurry up light nights and get here!  Every night on my way home from work I'm trying to judge whether the suns still high enough or not to give me time to take some decent photos, so far it hasn't been, but it won't be long I'm sure.

I finally got my broken tooth filled, it actually wasn't too bad, she had to replace the whole filling, but she knows (somehow) how to do injections without hurting, so I love her!  I wouldn't want any other dentist now, I had a nightmare of a time with other dentists before I found this one.  I actually wrote to my MP about one who was particularly terrible, but despite that going on to be an official NHS complaint, nothing was done.

Anyway enough about teeth, lets get on to nails!  The lovely Claire at MAYBELATER challenged Catrine at UNNAKED NAILS and myself to produce some 'Neon and Nude' nailart.  Well, who am I to resist a challenge?  This is what I came up with:
Nails-Inc-Cadogan-Place
No I don't have giant hands!  This is a mini bottle of Nails Inc Cadogan Place.  This is part of a minis' set I bought last weekend that I have in my 'ready to swatch' pile.  The set has some really pretty colours in it, and this challenge was a good excuse to break this one out.

I've been wanting to do a design like this since I saw THIS ONE from The Little Canvas.  This challenge seemed like an ideal time to try it out.  Now I do own some of that foil striping tape, and I hate it.  It goes curly and seems fiddly and impossible to work with.  I know other people don't seem to have this problem, so maybe it's just me.  So I was in Rymans Stationers getting some art stuff and I saw this GRIDDING TAPE and I'm happy to report that I've found this much easier to work with.  It does still go a little bit curly, but it seems to stick down and peel off better.  Yes it is a bit more expensive, but personally I think it's worth paying that bit more.  Am tempted to try the 3mm tape too, I used the 1.5mm tape for this.

Then I used some fluorescent acryllic paint that I think I also got in Ryman, and blobbed it on all over.  I couldn't do it thinner because then it would lose its brighness as it dried, so I decided to make a feature of the texture.  Her's another pic:
Neon Nail Art
Typically of me, I see that a couple of pieces of the tape weren't quite straight, but never mind.  I used two coats of Seche over everything to smooth out the surface, but I'm glad that it still kept its textured look as my nails actually feel pretty smooth.  Here's a final pic:
acrylic-paint-nail-art
All in all, I'm quite pleased with how this came out, and I'm definitely pleased that I've found some striping tape that I'm able to use.  I'm thinking I might quite like to put this paint over a silver holo, and see if I can't get the look of a hi-vis jacket haha!

You can see Claire's Neon and Nude nails HERE and I'd love it if you could carry this tag on!  Let me know if you do.

Until next time...

MASPOOASE x x x
~Wendy~

4 comments:

  1. These are really cool! I like the texture. Neon and nude makes me so ready for summer! I hope you get some sun soon : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope we get some sun soon too, let me know if you do some neon & nude, would love to see! x x x

      Delete
  2. love them! thanks for the shout out! i'm one of the lucky ones whos nail art tape hasnt rolled up and away on them yet. i probably should knock on some wood though bc now with my luck it will happen lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, it was a brilliant manicure! And, ohhhhh tempting fate lol x x x

      Delete

Please feel free to comment!