Hope you're all well today, Monday's over with for another week at least. My weekend went pretty well, despite not actually having achieved much, I chilled out, and that's always a good thing.
Now, as you know, my hands are all dermatitis-y and ugly, and I have a broken nail which I've got patched up, so I was having a think about some posts I could do which didn't involve you all seeing my ugly fingers. Then I remembered I've been meaning to do a post on my glitter polishes ever since I saw Maybelater's post (link) on her glitter collection.
Well, you don't need to see my fingers for that! So I got my glitters out, and despite saying I don't like glitters due to the godawful removal process, I found I own 50 glitter polishes.
I have tried the PVA glue basecoat thing, but I found it just as hard to remove with or without it, so I don't really wear my glitters much, apart from on special occasions. I also bought the Andrea Fulerton peel off polish, as I thought that might be a way to do it, but it didn't peel off, so another fail there.
Am so disappointed it's not sunny today, to show these off to their full potential, but I've taken one picture in natural light, and one picture in artificial light for each group of six, so there's alot of pictures! I hope it doesn't take too long to load up because of this. Only one way to find out.
Each polish is one coat with no topcoat. If I've swatched it properly elsewhere in my blog, or used it in a design, I will attach the link at the side.
So here we have our first group:
1) Ruby Pumps by China Glaze (used here)
2) Red Glitter by Barry M (who are as imaginative about names as me haha)
3) #104 by Glitz/Tuesdays Girl
4) Ruby Glitter by Barry M
5) Spangle by Active Cosmetics
6) Amethyst Glitter by Barry M
7) Confetti by L'Oreal
8) Glitz Gal Gem Crush by Sally Hansen
9) Thunder & Lightening by Models Own
10) Black Polka Dot by Nubar (I was disappointed that this was hex & not circle glitter)
11) Running in Circles by China Glaze (the green version of Ruby Slippers)
12) Fitzroy Square by Nails Inc (Swatched here)
13) Pudding Lane Sprinkle by Nails Inc (the blue glitter on mine has started to bleed)
14) Sloane Gardens by Nails Inc
15) Navy Glint by Seventeen
16) Fairy Dust by Elf (doesn't show well, better shot of the flakies later on)
17) Sequin Effect by Nail Pop
18) Hidden Treasure by Sally Hansen
19) Shepherds Market by Nails Inc (Swatched here)
20) Holo Bar Glitter by Claire's (Swatched here)
21) Silver Plated by Avon Colortrend
22) White Polka Dot by Nubar (again hexes) (Swatched here)
23) Electric Lane by Nails Inc (my fave!) (Swatched here)
24) Pastel Glitter by Claire's (I wish Claire's named their polishes)
25) Blue Glitter by Claire's
26) Grammercy Glitz by NYC
27) Kingham Street by Nails Inc (Fine Sprinkles collection)
28) Devonshire Place by Nails Inc (Fine Sprinkles collection)
29) Warwick Street by Nails Inc (another one I love) (Swatched here)
30) Market Place by Nails Inc (Fine Sprinkles collection)
Artificial light (bit blurred, sorry):
31) Antique Chic by Posh Polish (love this holo glitter)
32) Golden Goddess by Elf
33) Gold Flecked by Avon Colortrend
34) Yellow Topaz Glitter by Barry M
35) Peach & Green pastel by Claire's (this is curling up in the bottle)
36) North Row by Nails Inc (Swatched here)
37) I'm Not Lion by China Glaze (Swatched here)38) Bedford Square by Nails Inc (Swatched here)
39) Shelton Street by Nails Inc
40) I Herd That by China Glaze
41) Rainbow Apparition by Bourjois 1 Seconde
42) Purple Glitter by Claire's
43) Park Lane by Nails Inc (Swatched here)
44) Buckingham Street by Nails Inc (Swatched here)
45) Fiddlesticks by Butter London (used here)
46) Bow Street by Nails Inc
47) Princes Arcade by Nails Inc
48) Fuchsia Dazzle by Avon Colortrend
49) Razmatazz by Leighton Denny
50) Cascade by Leighton Denny
51) Fairy Dust by Elf over black (the flakies return!)
52) Sequin Effect by Nail Pop over black
53) Hidden Treasure by Sally Hansen Over black (swoon-tastic but takes forever to dry)
54) Cascade by Leighton Denny over black
And here they are all together:
So there we have it, all my glitters. Some I love, and some I'm a bit 'meh' about. I'm surprised I don't like the fine sprinkles more than I do, considering I love Warwick Street so much. And pretty much all of the China Glazes have been full of win.
I have to be honest, I thought this blog post would be a breeze, but it's actually been a bit of a pain to do. I hope you think it was worthwhile!
Until next time...
MASPOOASE x x x